Rebecca Lowrie, The Sexual Alchemist, shares excerpts from her digital program for men who want to Empower Their Erections – The Transform Your Sex Life Series Program: Empowering Your Erection
Everyone’s experiences of E.D. will be different. Some men will notice improvements in their erection after doing [the exercises in the book] just once or twice. Most men will need to repeat the processes a few times.
It’s really important to support your healing journey in other ways too. Your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health are crucial to your overall sexual empowerment. Here are some ways you can support your health on these other levels. You’ll notice that many of the suggestions overlap and that’s because many of these suggestions are good for you on more than one level.
How you feel in your body and about your body have a huge impact on your ability to get and maintain your erection. If you feel lethargic, low on energy, bloated, uncomfortable in your body and so on, you might find it difficult to get or maintain your erection.
Here are some suggestions for looking after your physical health:
- Pay attention to what you eat
There is no one correct way to eat, regardless of what the latest diet trends might tell you. Everyone is different and different styles of eating work for different people. You probably already know what works for you and what doesn’t.
Start listening to your body. If you tune in and listen it will start to give you an indication of what it likes and can use in a healthy way, and what it doesn’t like and has difficulty processing. A really simple rule of thumb is to eat food that is as close to it’s natural state as possible and although it may sound boring, a balanced diet that considers moderation.
Healthy eating tips
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg.
- Eat as organically as you can afford to.
- Drink plenty of water. Again, the amount you need will depend on your lifestyle, but 2-3 litres a day is a good guideline.
- TOP TIP – Cut out all processed foods and sugar! There’s just no arguing that processed foods and sugar are not good for your health. High amounts of sugar and salt are often hidden in processed foods. Cutting these out will make an enormous difference to your overall health, including your sexual health.
- Get some exercise
I used to get fed up of ‘healthy types’ spouting on about exercise. It made the rebel in me want to sit on the sofa even more. However, after an illness that kicked my butt, it was actually exercise that helped me get on the road to recovery on all levels. Guess those ‘healthy types’ were right.
Amongst other things, regular exercise helps keep the body’s systems regulated. I can’t overemphasize how important exercise is to your overall health, including your sexual health. Recent studies have shown that just a few minutes of exercise a day can help with all kinds of complaints such as backache and headaches as well as depression, low energy and much more.
Benefits of regular exercise, especially for E.D. includes:
- Getting more blood flow around the body, including to the genitals
- Getting more oxygen and nutrients flowing around the body, including to the
- Clearing toxins and waste more effectively from tissues and cells
- Boosts the immune system and metabolism
- Building healthy muscle and losing unhealthy fat
- More energy and stamina
- Mental clarity and focus
- Much more relaxed in hips and joints
- General better health overall
The best thing for keeping up with regular exercise is to find two or three things that you enjoy and change them up to keep you motivated.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Go for a 10-minute walk once a day. Each week add 5 more minutes to your walk. You could walk around the block or go to a local park or track. Whatever helps motivate you! This one thing alone can change your life.
- Get an exercise DVD that you can do in the privacy of your own home.
- Join a gym and learn how to use the machines or weights
- Find a weekend sports team to join – football, basketball, hockey – whatever sounds like fun!
- Find a partner and play racquetball, tennis or other partnered sports you like.
- Go to a yoga or Pilates class. These are excellent for keeping your body strong and supple.
- Go dancing or take a dance class.
- If you sit at a desk for work, get up and stretch or move around for 5-10 minutes in every hour.
- Other important tips for physical health
- Reduce your caffeine intake. There have been articles circulating recently saying that two cups of coffee a day could help with E.D. Personally I think that’s a really bad idea. While that much caffeine might help you in the short term, in the long term it could have major drawbacks to your health.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. This will not only help you with your overall health and E.D., but will also help to enhance intimacy and pleasure.
Stop smoking. Seriously. It has been well documented that men who smoke have a higher risk of E.D. Smoking greatly reduces the circulation to your genitals and you need that blood and oxygen flow to help you get an erection. Even as few as one or two cigarettes a day can reduce your chances of getting a good erection.
If you’re inspired and would like to book a Sexual Alchemy session, then email me at email@example.com and tell me what you’re interested in. I look forward to hearing from you!
If you enjoyed this article, please comment and use the buttons below to share it with your friends or followers. Thanks so much!
Rebecca works with individuals and couples to help them have better sex lives. Using various forms of conscious sexuality, including tantra and conscious kink, Rebecca can help you transform your sex life into something deliciously juicy, delightfully fun and ecstatically blissful!